With the launch of so many travel sites, it has become easier to browse through a couple ones, compare the prices and go for the one that costs less. But do you really think that, that’s it to booking a domestic flight smartly? If you said yes, you are in for a world of surprise! The below tips will surely help you save more, even if you are an amateur or an experienced person in booking your flights.
- The One day law: In the one day law, what you need to do is to book your flight and check for its price the next morning. If you see a lesser price, you can cancel your flight and rebook it. But do not do it when you are to leave for an emergency holiday. Another word of caution would be to check for the policies on the site i.e. no penalty is levied on you. The situation shouldn’t be like you thought that you got the flight for a lesser price but were unaware of the fine which was going to be levied on you.
- Indulge in unexpected trips: Unexpected trips aren’t just easy on your pocket but fun too! Unexpected trips mean fast packing and refreshness in your otherwise monotonous life. You might have seen many e-mails from travel companies offering big discounts and offers for mostly short weekend trips. To see and know more about these offers, subscribe to the site’s newsletter. Check these Yatra coupons to save your money and for better affordable options. Yatra is regularly coming up with exclusive schemes.
- Take advantage of cash back!: There are many sites these days that offer great coupons and help you score awesome deals. But what they do not offer is decent cash back too. These makemytrip coupons won’t just introduce you to offers that tempt you to pack your bags immediately and leave your town but will also provide cashback. It may seem like a small saving at first but as your savings build up, you will come to know that you have saved quite a lot!
- Wednesday is the Golden day!: Different countries have different days when booking a domestic flight becomes cheaper. In India, the most affordable day is Wednesday. It might not be the most ideal day if you are a working person but gain some, lose some!
- Stalk on social media: Having a presence on social media platforms is not just a way of gaining traffic anymore, but it also means higher customer engagement. Brands sometimes announce some enticing offers exclusively to their Facebook fans and Twitter followers. Keep an eye on your Facebook newsfeed lest you miss these great deals.
- Earn the “regular customer” status: Flying frequently has its own benefits. You can get access to reward points, travel gift cards, exclusive offers and some more perks depending upon the company and its policies. Also, make full use of your credit card if it is tied up with that particular company.
- Early flight: The first flights in the morning are always the cheapest, which is why they are availed by many people.
- Book a month before: This is a quite popular technique for saving on domestic flights. Book your flight at least a month before its scheduled date and see the big difference in the fares!
These eight tips should help you book your flight sensibly and smartly!