Himachal is a north western state of India and has natural beauty in abundance. Its name means “Abode of Snow”. It has a lot to offer to those who wish to have an experience of The Himalayas. Though it does not boast of the highest mountain peaks it has lots to offer besides mountaineering.
Important Cities In The Himalayas
- Shimla: It is the capital of Himachal Pradesh and is magnificent outpost of Himalaya. It’s important places of attraction are The Didge, Mall road, Potter’s Hill, Tara Devi, buildings of British era and Jakhoo Hills. It is largest city of Himachal Pradesh and is connected by plane, train and bus and many Cleartrip discount are available for the same.
- Manali: A popular hill station with tourists and remains hub for travelling around this portion of the Himalaya.
- Kullu: It is located south of Manali and is District HQ of district Kullu and is one of the tehsils of Kullu district.
- Jogindernagar: It has a number of hill resorts and places of tourists attraction close by.
- Bilaspur: It is District HQ of district Bilaspur which remains hot in summers and cold in winters. This is first city on way to Manali in Himachal Pradesh.
- Dharamsala: It is Major Buddhist center and is home of largest Tibetan community in India and of Dalai Lama. Make full use of Makemytrip discount coupons for getting maximum discount.
- Mandi: This is a big town and is District HQ of district Mandi. Its major attraction is Revalsar lake.
- Bir: This little town has big Tibetan community and many Buddhist monasteries.
- Dalhousie: This sleepy little town has retained its Victorian charm.
- Keylong: It is situated on the way from Manali to Leh and is a small town and is HQ of Spiti & Lahul district. It has last gas station of Manali-Leh.
- Sundernagar: This is first town of District Mandi on way to Manali. Sundernagar Lake is main attraction here.
- Rhkri Bushahr: It has 1500MW nathpa jahkri hydro power station.
Other Famous Destinations:
- Rewalsar (Tibetan: Tsopema): This lake is sacred to Hindus and Buddhists
- Kunjum Pass: It is on way to Kaza from Keylong and remains closed for about nine months because of snowfall.
- Kullu Valley: This is situated on banks of Beas River in lower reaches of the Himalayas. It is famous for apple orchards, ancient temples and festivals. It is also well known for woolen work, shawls, caps and namdas. Dushehra time in October is the best time to visit Kullu. You can get the best offers at CouponDekho.
- Dalhousie: It is located in the western portion of Himachal Pradesh and is a world famous hill station. It has been built on five hills called Tehra, Balun, Patreyn, Kathlog and Bakrota covering an area of about 14 sq Km area. It has charming colonial architecture and beautiful churches.
- Spiti Valley: Because of a lot of vegetation, terrain and the climate similar to Tibet, this is also called Little Tibet.
- Lahul Valley: It is greener compared to Spiti Valley and is covered with snow for most of the time.