People in huge numbers prefer to visit the beautiful land of India that is well known for its beauty, rich culture and diversity, with people practicing different types of religious beliefs, food habits and the like. Having a very long history and having attracted foreigners since time immemorial, this beautiful country is still known to attract very strongly the tourists from all parts of the world to visit it at least once. One can have a dream holiday at this country and be rewarded with its mesmerizing beauty and endless tourist attractions.
Top Tourist Places to Explore During the Trip
- The Taj Mahal: The majestic Taj Mahal constructed by Shah Jahan, the Mughal Emperor, in the memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal occupies a slot in the 7 Wonders of the World. This beautiful palace turned mausoleum is one of the UNESCO World Heritage places in the world. It is constructed using pure marbles and studded with 28 varieties of rare semi-precious and precious stones. The construction work involved 20,000 workers and was completed in 16 years. It is a must visit for every couple who want to know more about “Love”.
- Ajanta Ellora tour: It is considered to be Maharashtra’s pride and is world famous. The rock cut temple showcases artistry and skill of a very high degree, created by the erstwhile Indian craftsmen, centuries ago. Ajanta is said to date about 100 B.C., and Ajanta is younger to it by about 600 years. Most caves here do display exquisitely detailed carvings that can be seen on the pillars, entrances and walls. One can learn about ancient Indian art and history from these caves.
- Varanasi Ghats: Varanasi or Benaras as it is popularly called, is the oldest city in the country that is still densely inhabited. They are built along the River Ganges and boast of having numerous Ghats including the famous Manikarnika burning Ghat and Dashawamedh Ghat and other ghats. More than 100 Ghats can be found here along the river at this place constructed by different Maratha rulers such as the Holkars, Shindes, Peshwas and Bhonsales. According to mythology, people taking a trip here can attain salvation as well as purify their souls. Those who are cremated at one of the ghats here are said to find moksh and go to heaven directly.
- Indian Museum: It is located in Kolkata, West Bengal and boasts of having wide range of items that are collected from medieval and ancient times. Tourists can find here ancient fossils, relics and coins from the times of Mohenjodaro and Harappa. Besides there is present a mummy that is said to be 4,000-year-old. Also, is present an urn known to have Buddha’s ashes. Several other historic pieces can also be found here.
- Kaziranga National Park: Located in Assam, it is considered to be the home to the great One-Horned Indian Rhinoceros. There also reside different types of birds and animals. One can enjoy the elephant ride within the park and explore the nature in its natural self.
Tourists can combine different places and customize their trip to India.