The car rental industry is a booming one. A number of people may rent cars on a daily basis while others may do so on few occasions. The competition in the rental car market has increased manifold in the recent years. The rent charged by these companies may vary and is dependent on a number of factors.
Money Saving Tips on Car Rentals
There are numerous ways in which you can save a substantial amount of money on car rentals. Few of them include:
Before choosing a car rental company, it is advisable to conduct an online research regarding the type of vehicles owned and the charges levied by various companies. This information can prove to be useful in choosing a company that provides affordable services. While booking cars online, it is also recommended to opt for the pre paying option. Discounts may be availed by using the option. It is however advisable to check the cancellation policy of the company.
Check for Recall
While renting a car, it is advisable to check for safety recalls. In most countries, the law makes it mandatory for companies to repair the cars before being handed to the customers.
Opt for Smaller Companies
Renting cars from smaller and lesser known companies can prove to be cost effective. The bigger names in car rentals usually charge a higher fee. The cars that they use are newer and better. The smaller companies on the other hand offer older cars and hence charge less. However, most of the times, the services provided by them are good and comparable with the reputed names. It is however advisable to check online reviews of the company before booking a car from them.
Avoid Booking at the Airport
It is a common observation that luxury car rental Los Angeles tends to cost more when booked at the airport. Renting a car from the airport may attract various types of additional charges. The rent charged at the airport may also be higher. It is hence advisable to avoid renting at the airport.
Avoid the Extras
A lot of car rental companies offer extra features and facilities like child seat and navigation systems. These extras cost a lot of money and may be avoided.
Few other aspects which may be considered in order to save money while renting a car include:
- Avoid the underage surcharge by ensuring that the car is rented by a person who is over 21 years old.
- Renting mid-sized cars proves to be a cheaper option.
- It is advisable to join various clubs which can offer discounts on car rentals.
- It is recommended to book on weekends in order to take advantage of special rates.
- Avoid late or early drop offs as you may be charged extra for them.
- In case you already have insurance, it is advisable to skip insurance after reading all terms and conditions regarding the coverage provided.
- It is advisable to decide on the conditions regarding refuelling the tank prior to taking the car on rent.
Car rentals offer many conveniences to commuters. Paying attention to a few important factors can help you save a lot of money on your rentals.